The Heritage Learning Team of LCC is a nationally acclaimed multi award winning learning provider.
The main purpose of the Heritage Learning team is to write, develop and deliver cultural learning programmes across Lancashire that explain, engage and explore local, national and international heritage coupled with wider cross curricular and learning agendas. We write, develop and deliver learning sessions across all key stages, FE and HE, for public programmes across heritage venues and for adult learning workshops.
We fulfil this purpose by:
- Writing and delivering curriculum based learning programmes
- Offering outreach sessions to a diverse range of learning venues
- Write and deliver learning for external organisations, authorities, sites and other learning providers
- Offering monthly free teacher CPD and inset events
- Delivering formal teacher training sessions across a broad educational remit
- Enabling Lancashire’s heritage assets to be used effectively to inspire learning and creativity
- Promoting the importance of Lancashire’s long, varied and vibrant heritage
- Pursuing opportunities to generate income and secure external funding
- Working to nationally recognised professional standards